8/26/2020

A walk early in the morning

 I knew working in the garden farm had not been enough as an exercise to maintain own cardiopulmonary function. I started gaining some body weight as well. I should have moved the center of the gravity, that is, should have walked. Long lasting rain in the rainy season and the cruel heat wave have prevented me from walking. I decided to take a walk early in the morning again.

It is becoming a bit cooler in the morning hours around sunrise. Breeze is leaving comfortable touch on my face when I walk in the farms. 

I found a farmer lady working for an egg plant farm. She seemed to harvest the plants as well as to trim them. I greeted and asked her how she was doing that. She cut unnecessary branches of the plants in order to nourish more to the fruits. Even thinking it was too commonplace words for me to give her, I told her it might be too physically tiring to do that. Showing bright smile on her face, she answered to me "No, it is rather interesting to work for the plants." I knew how wonderful it was to do with something alive. The more we work for them, the more they will reply to our efforts. 


I have a couple of egg plants at home, which have yielded a few in a day for the past week or two. I have been grilled them with sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and so forth. Very simple dish. It's still a wonderful one for this time in a year. I have written about it in the post on Aug 1. They may give us a bit more of egg plants until fall starts on a full scale.

Farming, which has already been an essential work, will become more evident as for its nature from now. As reiterated in the previous posts, our country has only 37% of food self sufficiency rate on caloric basis. If there is crop failure world wide or in certain regions in the world, which is pretty likely to happen, we could easily starve. The politics and we ourselves should consider of its importance. 

Working for something living, whether it is animal or plants, needless to mention of human, is always a fun in addition. That farmer lady must have known of that by herself. A great work in fact.

So far, I am still going on walking. It's sometimes still hot even at sunrise. But it won't take too long before it gets that fall breeze full blown. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment