10/08/2019

The last lot of harvest of tomatoes

I have harvested, possibly, the last lot of tomatoes in the garden farm yesterday.


In the end of last month, we have had a long lasting episode of rain. Without appropriate pruning, it has accelerated the growth of tomatoes, which has made them a kind of bush.


In the end of the season, as always, I am defeated by mother Nature in this way. They won't bear good fruits or, if bore some, together with this cooler weather, they won't get matured. Soon, I should mow them. It is a moment of a bit of sadness making me convinced it has become fall.

Yesterday, my wife came home from Shikoku, where she had visited her parents at a nursing home. Both of them have reached mid 90s of their age. Each has some health issues but, with the good care at the facility and help by her elder sister living in the same city, they are getting along well. I asked her to bring a simple sound collecting device to father in law, who had had hearing loss due to aging for the past years. He told her it worked OK and, actually, they could converse without writing down what my wife would say to him. He reiterated thanks to me when she was leaving there for home. His words has given blunt pain to my heart. I wondered what I had done for him. Have I owed too much to parents in law for the past years while they have helped us so much? 

Knowing she came home deadly tired after a long trip, I have prepared a nice dinner. Pork cooked with vegetables with seasoning of soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Pretty good.


It is a dayoff for my wife. She has been cleaning the house and will be attending to a gym this afternoon. It is my routine to practise cello for Brandenburg Nr4 I play with company this week end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment