11/28/2021

Winter vegetables

Winter vegetables are ripened at the same time. This big chinese cabbage was a main material for hot pot dish and also was used for a dish of pork.   


A huge green lettuce. Of course, it was featured for fresh salad with the very last lot of tomatoes, sliced persimmon, boiled beans/broccoli and other stuff.


White radish or daikon radish is productive this winter. Dozens of them are growing. I will try to get them buries in the soil and preserve them for a few months. This is a dish of sliced daikon radish with bacon seasoned with sesame oil and salt.  


I used to ask myself, as I have written here in the past, if it was my work worth spending retirement. Nowadays, concentrating in farming and cooking, I find myself forgetting every worry etc and feel happy in a sense.

Time goes on.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment