8/20/2021

Water melon

It has been a challenge for me to grow water melon successfully. It could be forgotten in the bush of vine of water melon and weeds among them. Crows around here would enjoy it before I realize it is ripened. It is another issue for me to judge of the maturity of water melon. It is advised to record the time of pollination but is easily forgotten as well. 

This year, this one is harvested without crow's attack. Our cat, Hikaru, is always wandering around the garden. He might be helpful to have this fruit spared that trouble.  


A bit overmatured but better than unmatured. Sweet and fresh. It is the best dessert after supper in this season. 



I must rush seeding or planting fall/winter vegetables. Feeling summer going away, I am again sure of repeating things not in the same way but in different way from the past. My life will satisfy myself and get me ready for transition to the eternal world soon. Not knowing when it is. But I should be ready for that.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment