7/28/2021

Grass mulching

Under relentless heat of sun ray, I do with the garden and pull the weeds. Since I learned those pulled ones could be used as grass mulch, I am encouraged to do this hard work.

Grass mulching is one of the main thema in natural farming in our country. I could not help smiling at the same idea in this youtube clip.

It works in a few ways beneficial to us. It would maintain moisture and keep the temp of the soil stabled. It prevents weeds to grow. And lastly, it could be natural compost in some time.

In natural farming, they won't plow the soil but build a ridge with soil covered with grass. They believe not plowing the soil would help microbacteria etc grow stably. I am not a farmer of natural farming but believe their way of farming could be ecologically right and appropriate. The only issue for agriculture as an industry is that it could hardly produce mass of crops like conventional farming could.

Anyway, I feel comfortable and calmed down when doing with grass in the farm. I might be pretty good at concentrating on such a simple thing. Even though I don't think I could go on such a task as a duty like a work in real farming or a simple procedure at certain factory. 

In an hour or two, I always get back to cooled own room and enjoy something else. 

This is the harvest from the garden farm yesterday. 


Fresh tomatoes for salad. Egg plants for grilled egg plant and other dishes. 


2 comments:

  1. https://youtu.be/P3OcPLf7Kyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but any comment putting only youtube address from an anonymous person won't be reviewed. Any real comment is welcomed.

      Delete